Subject: [SPAM] Invitation Letter for the Diplomatic briefing on the economic situation in Ukraine, July 15, 2025
From: "Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting \(IER\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2025 15:30:00 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

 Dear Colleagues,

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting is pleased to 
invite you to our regular monthly "Diplomatic Briefing," where IER experts 
share their insights on the current economic situation in Ukraine and 
present the latest results of our business tendency survey.

The upcoming Diplomatic Briefing, focused on “Ukraine’s economic situation 
and challenges in June 2025”, will take place online via Zoom on July 15, 
2025, Tuesday, from 16:00 to 17:00 Kyiv time (9:00-10:00 EST / 15:00-16:00 
CEST).

In June, economic situation has not changed substantially. But the missile 
and drone attacks increased, which was reflected by the results of the 
Business Tendency Survey conducted by the IER. More than 50% of companies 
named ‘danger to work’ as one of the key obstacles for business activities. 
This indicates again that economic situation heavily relies on the defence 
situation: Ukraines needs more air defense as well as long-range missiles to 
protect population and business.

The Government submitted the amendments to the State Budget 2025 to secure 
higher defence spending. The intensity of the war will not likely reduce in 
the second half of 2025 as it was envisaged by the macroforecast underlining 
Budget-2025 figures and IMF program. The Government continues implementation 
of reforms, though with some delays. It came through the 8th review of the 
IMF program and received positive decision of the EU on the tranche under 
Ukraine facility.

However, challenges remain higher. We will talk about them during the 
Diplomatic Brief on July 15. IER experts will also discuss other recent 
economic trends - including trade developments, monetary policy, inflation, 
fiscal parameters, as well as present results of June Business Tendency 
Survey.

Speakers:

Oleksandra Betliy, macroeconomic, public finance, social and healthcare 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Vitaliy Kravchuk, macroeconomic, monetary policy and financial market 
expert, IER Leading Research Fellow;

Oksana Kuziakiv, IER Chief Executive, Head of the Center for Contemporary 
Society studies.

✅ English is a working language of the meeting.

We sincerely hope that you can honor us with your presence.

✅ Please, register for the participation in the Briefings via 
https://forms.office.com/e/qn76FZNMLc

Diplomatic Briefings represent an exclusive initiative by the IER, 
thoughtfully tailored to cater to the needs of diplomatic institutions, 
government entities, and central banks of Ukraine’s international partners. 
We kindly request your discretion in refraining from sharing this invitation 
with individuals outside of your respective organizations.

Should you wish to extend this invitation to additional colleagues who would 
benefit from this discussion, we would appreciate if you would be so kind to 
provide us with their contact information.

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting (IER) is a 
well-known Ukrainian independent think tank established in 1999, focusing on 
economic research and policy consulting. The IER is a top Ukrainian think 
tank with internationally recognized expertise almost 20 years of experience 
in implementing projects on Ukraine's economic development funded by 
international donor organizations, i.e. SIDA, USAID, UNDP, World Bank Group 
and others. In 2017 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report the IER is one of 
the 140 Best Independent Think Tanks out of  6,500 surveyed, it is  49th in 
“Best Advocacy Campaign” category, 69th as best International Economics 
Think Tank and  86th best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe.  The IER 
has successfully implemented multiple international donors projects related 
to the field of reform implementation in Ukraine. The IER successfully 
combines professional analysis with active involvement in public dialogue 
and advocacy and actively cooperates with Ukrainian national and regional 
authorities in issues related to strategic planning and policy development 
as well as policy implementation. The IER has the capacity for grant 
management and provides re-granting for capacity development to regional 
civil society organizations and media. The IER financial standing has been 
secured through projects as well as private contributions.

__________________

Kind regards,

Igor Burakovsky

IER Head of the Board

The Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting

Reytarska 8/5-А | 01054 Kyiv, Ukraine

tel.: + 38 044 278-63-42| fax: + 38 044 278-63-36

e-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  | 
www.ier.com.ua <http://www.ier.com.ua/>